Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sleeping Sickness

Nights are the hardest...
My mind is always racing... A million and two thoughts
What should I do? What should I do?
The kids are finally in bed and I'm alone. Left alone.  Completely alone.
I'm still adjusting to being alone.

I often complain of sleepless nights...
 Kids crawling into my bed, 
needing me to comfort them. 
The truth is, I need them as much, if not more, 
than they need me...

Nights are when I feel like the biggest failure.
Like I'm not good enough, smart enough, I haven't tried hard enough. 
Nights are when my mind becomes my enemy and picks apart my flaws one by one...
When I question myself, my parenting, my friendships...

I just wish my brain would rest; quit over analyzing everything...
I wish I could accept me for me, embrace the flaws
I'm so fucking hard on myself.  

I'd give anything to not feel so empty inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment